Three Beans Puree
- ½ cup kidney beans (rajma), soaked overnight and boiled
- ½ cup black eyed peas (lobia), soaked overnight and boiled
- ½ cup whole green gram (moong), soaked overnight and boiled
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- ½ inch ginger, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- A pinch of curry powder
- ½ tablespoon tamarind pulp
- A pinch garam masala powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Mixed micro greens for garnishing
Age Group: 8 -10 months
- 1Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add onions and sauté till golden brown.
- 2Add ginger, mix and sauté till fragrant. Add tomatoes and curry powder, mix well and sauté till tomatoes turn soft and pulpy.
- 3Add kidney beans, black eyed peas, green gram and sufficient water, mix well and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- 4Add tamarind pulp, garam masala powder and salt, mix well and bring to a boil. Add coriander leaves and mix well.
- 5Remove from heat and blend to a smooth puree.
- 6Garnish with micro greens and serve hot.
- Calories (Kcal) –147.6
- Carbohydrates (gm) –7.06
- Protein (gm) – 22.6
- Fats (gm) – 5.7
- Iron (mg) – 1.7
- Calcium (mg) – 62.8