Sprouted Wheat dalia with carrots and green Moong Dal
- ½ cup dalia made from sprouted wheat, soaked for 1 hour
- ¼ small carrot, peeled and grated (not too long shreds)
- ½ cup split green gram with skin( chilkewalimoong dal)
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 8-10 fresh amaranth leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oats
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh coriander leaves
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- salt to taste
Age Group: 10 months to 12 months
- 1 Heat ghee in a non-stick pan. Add the cumin seeds and allow it to change the colour.
- 2 Add the broken wheat, carrots, green gram, oats and mix well. Add the salt, one half cups of water and mix well.
- 3 Cover with a lid and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- 4 Add the amaranth leaves and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- 5 Adjust the consistency by adding more water if required.
- 6 Add the coriander leaves and mix well. Serve at room temperature.
- Calories (kcal) – 221.6
- Carbohydrates (gm) -30.8
- Protein (gm) – 7
- Fats (gm)-2.7
- Iron (mg)- 2.3
- Calcium (mg) – 49.6