- Break bad eating habits (such as skipping breakfast, late meals, snacking unhealthy fatty foods etc.)
- Eat 3 regular meals with some light snacks in between. Have small frequent meals to help maintain healthy body weight
- Consume whole grains like whole wheat chapatti, brown rice, oats, whole meal bread etc.
- Include at least 2 to 3 servings of protein rich foods like milk and milk products, egg, pulses, dal, chicken, fish etc.
- Include 3 to 5 servings of fruits and vegetables daily
- Consume fish about 2 to 3 times a week especially oily fish e.g. salmon, tuna, mackerel as they are good source of DHA
- Avoid foods that may contain harmful bacteria that are linked to still birth and miscarriage e.g. raw uncooked meat, fish, egg, unpasteurized milk
- Reduce the intake of caffeine and limit alcoholic beverages
- Limit trans-fat “bad fat” intake by reducing the consumption of pastries, biscuits, cake, chips. Reduce the intake of sugar & sweets
- Include vegetable oils like canola, soya bean, groundnut, sunflower or olive oil in your daily cooking. Limit excess use of oil for cooking
Along with a healthy diet, start exercising, learn to manage stress and be happy and positive!!
Consult your gynecologists for nutritional supplement