Moong Dal Uttapams
- ⅓ cup split skinless green gram (moong dal), soaked
- 1 tablespoons split skinless black gram (urad dal), soaked
- ½ inch ginger
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- A small pinch asafoetida (hing)
- Salt to taste
- Oil for shallow frying
Age Group: 12 months & above
- 1 Drain and grind the green gram with ginger and 2 tablespoons water to a slightly coarse paste. Transfer into a deep bowl.
- 2 Drain and grind the black gram with 3 tablespoons water to a smooth paste. Transfer into the same bowl and mix well.
- 3 Add turmeric powder, asafoetida and salt and mix well. Cover and set aside to ferment for 8 hours.
- 4 Heat a non-stick tawa. Drizzle oil and spread a spoonful of batter. Cook on low flame till the underside is done. Flip and cook on other side as well. Similarly make more uttapams.
- 5 Serve
- Calories (kcal) – 443.3
- Carbohydrates (gm) 29.9
- Protein (gm) – 12.1
- Fats (gm)- 30.6
- Iron (mg)- 26.8
- Calcium (mg) – 24.5