Brown Rice & Moong Dal Khichdi
- ½ cup brown rice
- ½ cup split skinless green gram (dhuli moong dal)
- 1 small sweet potato peeled and grated
- ½ cup grated pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons ragi
- 6-8 red amaranth leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
- A pinch of cinnamon powder
Age Group: 8 -10 months
- 1 Dry roast brown rice, green gram and ragi. In a grinder grind all three ingredients together to a coarse powder.
- 2 Heat olive oil in a non-stick pan. Add two tablespoons of the rice, moong dal and ragi powder. Saute for half a minute. Add one cup water and add grated sweet potatoes and pumkin.
- 3 Bring it to a boil, reduce the heat, cook covered till fully cooked and mushy.
- 4 Add chopped amaranth leaves, mix well cook for 4-5 minutes.
- 5 Serve at room temperature.
- Calories (kcal) –870
- Carbohydrates (gm) – 52.9
- Protein (gm) – 12.5
- Fats (gm)- 10
- Iron (mg)- 4.9
- Calcium (mg) – 64