- 6 fresh spinach leaves, balanced and pureed
- 3 tablespoons kolum rice, soaked for 20 minutes and drained
- 1 ½ tablespoons moong dal, soaked for 20 minutes and drained
- ½ teaspoon ghee
- salt to taste
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- A pinch of asafoetida
Age Group: 6-8 Months
- 1Heat ghee in a pressure cooker and add the asafoetida, rice, dal, salt, turmeric powder and mix well.
- 2 Add 1 cup water and mix well. Cover with a lid and cook till the pressure is released thrice.
- 3 Open the lid once the pressure is settled, mash the khichdi with the back of the spoon. Add the spinach puree and continue to cook for 3-4 minutes.
- 4Serve at room temperature.
- Calories (kcal) – 266.8Kcal
- Carbohydrates (gm) – 50.4
- Protein (gm) – 9.38
- Fats (gm)- 3.02
- Iron (mg) – 1.48 mg