Sometimes, it can be difficult to understand where and how should your baby sleep? To make sure your baby has a sound, healthy sleep, there are certain considerations that you need to be aware of. You need to explain the same safety considerations to your family or your help who is going to be responsible for your child in your absence. Here are some tips and considerations to help your baby sleep well.
Few tips to help baby sleep well and safe:
- Create a soothing environment. Keep the lights dim and noise low when he is asleep
- You should keep the soft toys, anti-roll pillows away from the baby when asleep. It is dangerous and may cause suffocation.
- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) is an unexplained death during sleep. To avoid SIDS:
- -Use a crib or bassinet and put your baby to sleep on his back
- -The crib mattress should be covered with a firm fitted sheet
- -Avoid letting him sleeping on his stomach even during naps
- -Don’t put your baby to sleep on soft surfaces like sofas or cushions
- As parents, you may love to have your baby sleep with you, near you in your own bed. But, it’s not a good practice to share the bed with the baby. Give your baby his own bed like a crib or bassinet. Sleeping in the same bed is one of the most common causes of death in babies less than 3 months old. You can keep the crib or bassinet near your own bed.
- Keep all the hanging showpieces, toys or wires away from your baby’s cribs.
- You should not let your baby sleep in a car seat or stroller. It could cause suffocation for the baby. Put him in the crib as soon as he is asleep.
- If the crib breaks for some reason, don’t try to repair it. Just replace it with a new one.
- Avoid portable beds attached to one primary bed. Babies can choke on these rails that are used for attachment.